Wheeldon Trees Farm Cottages in Peak District
- A former 18th century dairy barn, converted to 8 holiday cottages.
- Cottages sleep 1-5 (up to 30 in total).
- Ideal for family and group gatherings.
- Dog friendly, child friendly, eco friendly.
- One wheelchair friendly cottage.
- Practical cottages with enclosed patio areas and a dedicated dog exercise area.
- Sheldon Cottage is ‘wheelchair’ friendly, all on one level with a walk in wet-room.
- Extensive selection of Peak District maps and walking guides for you to use during your stay
- If you’re bringing a baby or toddler, they’ve got equipment you can borrow while you’re there.
Level Access Sheldon Cottage and Walker’s Rest are on one level.
Visual They can provide all information in large print on request.
Access Statement There is an access statement for each cottage on their website with floor/room layouts and pictures.
- Babies and toddlers welcome, with equipment you can borrow: baby monitor, baby toys, bed guard, changing mat, high chair, night light, travel cot and many more.
- Babysitting can be arranged.
- Games, maps and books for young and old available in the Games Room.
- Adventure Play Area with swing board and gypsy play caravan.
- By car – You can access Wheeldon Trees by car from M1 South, M1 North, M6 South and B5053 to Longnor.
- Parking – Ample parking is available near the top entrance, 25-30m from the cottages. Disabled parking is available just opposite Sheldon Cottage. The car park is on an incline and is made of gravel.
- By public transport – The nearest bus stop is at the end of the lower entrance – 50m away. For Manchester, Buxton railway station is 6 miles away. Macclesfield railway station is 12.4 miles away, and Chesterfield Railway Station is 18 miles away (accessible taxis available).
- Each cottage has its own front door. On arrival, you will find the key to your cottage hanging on the inside of the door.
- The duvets and pillows are non feather.
- Sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases are high grade cotton percale.
- All kettles are cordless.
- Tourist information is available in each cottage and in The Long Room.
- Foldable lightweight wheelchair
- Combined shower/commode seat
- Self-propelling shower chair
- Extending grabber
- High stool for sitting at the kitchen worktop
- Hand bell
- Waterproof mattress protector
- Thinner mattress
- Tea/Coffee Maker
- 100% organic linen and towels
- Hypoallergenic duvets and pillows (feather pillows available on request)
- Electric hob, oven and microwave
- Washer, dryer and washing powder in the laundry room
- Nespresso machine with starter capsule pack
- Smart TV and DVD
- Amazon Echo
- External movement controlled lighting
- Ample parking
- Central heating, hot water and electricity included
- Outdoor table and chairs
- Visual A Guest Information Pack is provided in each cottage, and is available in large font on request. Separate folders have manufacturers’ instruction leaflets.
- Public Areas Kitchen, Laundry and The Long Room are available public areas with a toilet with wheelchair access situated next to the kitchen.
Customer care support
- Accessibility equipment – They can help with the hire of specialist equipment including hoists etc. They’ve got extra furniture and gadgets available to make your stay more comfortable. Boma Off Road Wheelchair and Giant Twist Esprit Power W Electric Bikes are available for hire.
- The owners are usually on site to help with luggage both on arrival and departure.
Food and drink
- Self-catering cottages with the option to enjoy home-made Derbyshire breakfast and delicious, local dishes.
Local Area – Things to do
- Poole’s Cavern
- Haddon Hall
- Buxton Opera House
- Sudbury Hall and the National Trust Museum of Childhood
- The Roaches, Peak District