Wallops Wood Cottages
- 5 ground floor luxury holiday cottages.
- Cottages sleep 6-8 people (up to 42 in total).
- Ideal for family and group gatherings.
- Pet friendly, child friendly.
- All cottages are accessible and 2 are wheelchair friendly.
- The new indoor swimming pool and jacuzzi are level decked and both have disabled access via a hoist.
- Individual enclosed gardens, safe for both children and pets, with patios equipped with hot tubs, outdoor furniture, barbecues, and access to a large shared lawn.
- Excellent accessibility (M1, M2, M3, H1 and V1).
- A great base for walking, cycling and sightseeing, with plenty of places to eat out locally.
Level Access There are no stairs in or around the cottages.
Visual There are Dymo embossed labels on the taps, the print in information brochure in the cottages is a 14 font. Braille can be arranged on all appliances and cupboards.
Hearing The smoke alarms flash to alert guests with impaired hearing.
Floor plans Floor plans for all cottages can be downloaded from their website.
- Bringing children, baby monitors can be provided and even a babysitter can be booked.
- A welcome provision pack for guests with kids includes nappies, reading book, rubber duck, board game and cleaning products.
- Children’s equipment is available including baby bath, high chair, baby carrier, cot, play space, infant toys, 6 bottle electric sterilizer and more.
- Large communal grass play area can be can be accessed from each enclosed garden.
- By car – You can access Wallops Wood by car from M3/A34 via Winchester, A3 via London/Petersfield, M27 via Portsmouth.
- Parking – Each cottage is allocated 2 car parking spaces on the gravelled parking area adjacent to the cottages. A block-paved pathway provides wheelchair access to all five cottages.
- By public transport – Winchester train station is 15 miles and Petersfield train station is 12 miles away. Southampton Airport (25 miles) is about 35 minutes by car. Portsmouth International Ferry Port is within 17 miles distance.
- Each cottage comprises an open plan sitting/dining room and fully equipped kitchen with microwave, dishwasher and washer/dryer.
- The individual enclosed gardens with patios are accessed through French doors with no ramps or steps.
- Grab rails, bed and toilet raisers, walking aids, perching chair, bed rails, showering wheelchair, foot stool and commode are available.
- There are no bed hoist or profiling beds but can be arranged hire if needed from a local supplier.
- Hot tub
- Log burner
- Floor heating
- Ground Floor
- Cycle store
- Safety Alarm cords are installed in the wet rooms in Hedgehunter and Teal. Smoke and carbon monoxide alarms are fitted in each cottage.
- The entrance doorway to each cottage is 0.90m wide and the key hole is 1.10m above the ground.
- All areas are well-lit with a mixture of ceiling mounted lights and low energy lamps.
- Every bedroom has an en-suite bathroom/shower room with non-slip vinyl flooring with good colour contrast between floor, walls and furniture and central ceiling lighting.
Customer care support
- Each cottage is individually rated under the National Accessible Scheme.
- Accessibility equipment – All the cottages have a carver style arm chair in the dining area. There are touch activated lamps by the bedside in the master bedroom and the main lights also have switches by each bed. There is a swing-top bin in one bathroom and non-slip bath mats in all the bath/shower rooms. A list of the equipment available to use is included in the Accessibility Statement.
- They are happy to help you with your luggage by prior arrangement.
Food and drink
- If you don’t want to self-cater, they can provide hassle free, delicious home cooked food to be waiting in your fridge on arrival or at any time during your stay. Breakfast is also available.
- They can even provide a personal chef to prepare meals in your own cottage and arrange a cake, champagne, flowers or chocolates.
Local Area – Things to do
- Winchester Cathedral
- Paulton’s Park
- New Forest National Park
- Longdown Activity Farm
- Arundel Castle